Who doesn't love pizza? With a crunchy crust, gooey cheese, and all the toppings you want, who could resist?
It's like the Leonardo DiCaprio of food. And like Leo, it will likely never win an Oscar, but it still gets invited to the party.
One of the best things about pizza is that it is so incredibly versatile! You can make practically any kind of pizza you can dream of. Our go-to pizza is topped with caramelized onions, sauteed red peppers, mushrooms, garlic, spinach and chicken, finished off with feta, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese. But we also love greek, pepperoni, and we just tried making thai for the first time. It was the bomb!
This is our tasty recipe for homemade pizza crust. It takes a bit of time and work, but it is definitely worth it! The extra spices in the crust add a nice punch of flavour.
1 1/2 cups warm water
6) Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit in a warm area for 1 hour.
7) Split dough in half, each will make a large pizza.
8) With a rolling pin, roll out pizza a bit larger than the pan you are using. I used a large round pizza pan (ours is 14 inches across), and a 10 x 15 square pan.
9) Once the dough has been rolled out, place over well greased pan (I used olive oil) and tuck in the edges to make a crust, poke holes in the crust with a knife or fork (this prevents crust bubbles).
10) Bake pizza at 350 for 20 minutes.