Wednesday 20 February 2013

{ the liebster award }


ps.heart is just tickled pink that we have been nominated not just once, but twice for the Liebster Award! Thank you to the lovely ladies who nominated us, we appreciate it so much!

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. 

Here are the details on receiving this award**
  1. List 11 things about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs!


Here at ps.heart we feel so honoured that several bloggers have given us this award! So here goes.


11 Things About ps.heart: 

1. We're a trio of ladies - Clara, Jordyn, Kelsey.

2. Kelsey & Jordyn are clearly much better at Tasty Tuesday posts than Clara is.

3. Kelsey & Jordyn are sisters and as much as Clara wishes she was family....she's not :( although she pretends that she is sometimes.

4. Kelsey & Jordyn live on an apple farm. Awesome, right?

5 .Clara lives in the cold cold north called Edmonton with her handsome prince, Caleb.

6. The idea of ps.heart was started by Clara, who then convinced Kelsey to join. Together, they then forced Jordyn to join :) by democratic vote, of course!

7. We all share a mutual crush on Sherlock Holmes…/Benedict Cumberbatch. They’re one in the same, really. We could listen to his voice for hours.

8. We are all a little bit obsessed with lace!

9. If Kelsey were an animal, she’d be a cat. Clara would be a dog. Jordyn would be a dinosaur. 

10. Our dream is to make ps.heart into a whole business line with a cute little shop for all your wedding/home/style type items, a bake shop/café, and a photography/videography biz. Who knows if this will ever happen, considering we all live in different cities right now, but hey, girls can dream, right?

11. We really, really, really love our blog and all our lovely readers! And we all get a little ridiculously giddy when we get new followers :)





1. Are you named after anyone? 

Yes! My mama loves the classic children's story Heidi by Swiss author Johanna Spyri and her favourite character was Clara, who is Heidi's best friend :) My mama also loves the works of Clara Schumann, one of the few famous female composers during the Romantic era. Coincidentally, I have a love of great literature and have taken music lessons since I was 4! They're pretty great namesakes.
2. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself? Why or why not?

....I don't think so. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, ya know? ;) haha! just kidding, but really, I'd probably drive myself insane. 
3. Name one thing you worry about running out of.  

Laundry money... I can't wait till we're in our own home and don't need to always find change to do laundry! 
4. What are some of your favorite sayings?

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living."  -  Dr. Seuss 
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."  -  Audrey Hepburn
"You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve."  -  Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
5. Why did you start blogging? 

I really, really wanted another creative outlet and loved the idea of a blog! I knew I couldn't do it on my own with my schedule, so I called up Kelsey, we started planning...and then we forced Jordyn to join :)
6. What is your favorite food or type of food? 

Just food. Really. All food. Except anchovies. Although I must say that chocolate is a particularly good food that should get special notice...especially orange chocolate. Mmm.  
7. Describe one of your most memorable life experiences. 

Oh dear, there are so many. Getting married, going on a safari in Kenya, hiking the Himalayas, sailing the coast of BC, my year at Columbia Bible College, touring Europe... there are so many!
8. What's the best thing anyone has ever said to you? 

The vows that my husband said to me on our wedding day & the "I love yous" he's continued to say every day since! There is nothing better than knowing you are fully, unconditionally, and sincerely loved.
9. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love?

A Knight's Tale, Beauty & the Beast, Hot Rod, and The Pianist.
10. Describe one of your life goals. 

To climb up Mt Kilimanjaro & Machu Picchu, to learn to play the cello, and make ps.heart a legit business!  
11. When do you feel your happiest? 

When I'm around friends and family, outdoors in God's great earth, while I'm painting, or when I get a chance to sit down, put my feet up, turn on some music and read a great book.







1. Are you named after anyone? 

nope!
2. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself? Why or why not?

oh boy...well, I think I would be friends with myself. Wouldn't it be awesome to be friends with someone that liked all the same things? Although, we might butt heads too much since I can be pretty stubborn!
3. Name one thing you worry about running out of. 

Doctor who episodes? haha...nerd alert.
4. What are some of your favorite sayings? 

"Find something you are passionate about, and keep tremendously interested in it." - Julia Child
5. Why did you start blogging?

 Clara made me do it! haha...just kidding. I had my own food blog before we started up p.s.heart, and just loved being able to share recipes and life with friends, family and the world. Blogging is a huge motivation to keep trying new things, to be accountable to finish projects, and it has become a huge source of inspiration.
6. What is your favorite food or type of food? 

Oh boy, this is hard to choose! Can I say chocolate? Or maybe cupcakes?
7. Describe one of your most memorable life experiences. 

One of best experiences of my life so far was living in a Christian student house (complete with about 22 students) during my 2nd and 3rd years of university. This was a place of such incredible place of community, fun, and silliness. Many of my closest friends were made while living here (including Clara!), and I am so blessed to have experienced it.
8. What's the best thing anyone has ever said to you?

This is a hard one to choose...and I don't have an exact quote, but the best thing has been the overwhelming encouragement and confidence that continually comes from family and friends, especially in times when I most need it.
9. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? 

Lord of the rings! haha. And I do watch them over and over again. Definitely a few of my all time favorites.
10. Describe one of your life goals. 

To write and publish a cookbook with Jordyn!
11. When do you feel your happiest? 

This is hard to choose too! But I'm happiest when surrounded by family and friends, at the beach, when I'm baking, or when reading a good book!





1. Are you named after anyone? 


My father chose the name Jordyn, not after anyone/thing specific. However my middle name is Marae,(pronounced Mah-ray) partially after my dad, Murray, and my grandma, Mary.


2. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself? Why or why not?

I hope I would be, though I can’t say for sure. I think it depends on what my personality as that other person was like.  As a loud and excitable person, I often tend to gravitate towards quieter people. If I met myself I feel like we would compete for attention.
3. Name one thing you worry about running out of.

“Time and time and time again, always running out on me.” -Professor Yana (Doctor Who)  I think everybody worries about running out of time, during the day, in life etc. But on a more practical note I always worry about running out of flour and sugar. That’s the pits.
4. What are some of your favorite sayings? 

“If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl
“Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. Make.” Joss Whedon
“Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Why did you start blogging? 


One day I was at school, and I got a Facebook message from Clara that said:
“Lets do this blog, yes? yes. okay. now lets move on to names, yes? yes. suggestions?”
I was so confused. I didn’t know anything about a blog, so my response was “we are making a blog??”

To which Clara responded: “yes, we are. and you have no choice but to join, mmk?
So that’s how it happened. I got home and Kelsey explained that her and Clara had decided to start a blog, and it was something they wanted me to be a part of.
6. What is your favorite food or type of food

 I love all types of vegetables, especially dipped in hummus! That is probably my favourite snack. I also have a crazy addiction to Nutella! I make an effort not to buy it or keep it in the house unless I am going to use it right away. I will seriously eat it right out of the jar with a spoon.
7. Describe one of your most memorable life experiences. 

When I was in grade 12 I was fortunate enough to go on my schools Europe trip, along with one of my best friends, Ellen. It was absolutely amazing, one of the best weeks of my life. We went to Italy, France, and Amsterdam. I was able to see Pompeii, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Vatican City, and Notre Dame.
8. What's the best thing anyone has ever said to you? 

Nothing specific comes to mind!
9. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? 

Hot Rod, Princess Bride, and Labyrinth. I guess I have a thing for strange and satirical movies!
10. Describe one of your life goals. 

I would love to go to Europe again, this for time longer than 10 days! I would love to visit Greece and Germany in addition to Paris and Italy. I would love to have time to roam around on my own, and really get to talk to the locals.
11. When do you feel your happiest?

 I tend to feel my happiest when I am baking and cooking. There is something special about being in the kitchen and preparing food for the people I love!

& lastly, here are some questions for the 11 other bloggers we've given this award to...
1. What/who inspired you to start blogging?
2. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be? 
3. What is your favourite thing to blog about?
4. Here's a free plane ticket. Where's your destination?
5. If you had to choose another era to live in, which one would you choose?
6. Betty or Veronica?
7. What's your favourite item in your home?
8. What's one thing you could never get tired of doing?
9. If you could go back in time and talk to your 10 year old self, what would you say?
10. What's your ideal day off?
11. What's one song you could listen to over and over and never get tired of?


p.s. ♥ clara (& kelsey & jordyn)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you all for taking the time to do this :) And I love the Doctor Who references!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...