Wednesday 13 February 2013

diy : dreamy floral crown

This DIY was inspired by a Valentines Day photoshoot that I've been planning for the past couple weeks. I've been dying to make a flower crown and to have it as a prop in a photoshoot, so this was just a blast for me to make! Hope you enjoy the loveliness that's about to ensue :) 
{  s u p p l i e s } 

- fake flowers! 

I stuck with just a couple of big fake peonies and then picked up a lot of "greenery" to get a more natural look. I found some fake twigs, lots of leaves, and a couple of white flowery accents

- wire  &  wire cutters

 - floral tape 


{  i  n  s  t  r  u  c  t  i  o  n  s  }

1. Measure your piece of wire so that it fits around your head and cut it at the proper length with your wire cutters. I doubled my wire to make my crown a little more stable. 
2. Cut your flowers/leaves/twigs down to manageable pieces. Start with a couple pieces and wrap your green floral tape around them and the wire. 
3. Repeat step 2 all the way around your wire! It's okay if you start off sparse, I filled my crown with a couple layers to make it more full. 
4. Close off your wire, make sure there's no wire showing by wrapping floral tape around. Feel free to use a glue gun to secure loose pieces....

and voila! you have yourself a beautiful, dreamy, and absolutely lovely floral crown =) 






Keep your eyes open for more from my Valentines Day shoot. The big reveal is tomorrow and I'm absolutely giddy with how lovely and dreamy this photoshoot turned out!

p.s.   clara

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I can't wait to make one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo dreamy! I definitely will be making one (or several) soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Beautiful pictures :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...